SCOPE OF POLICY
- Our Apps once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (“Device”).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
Although you may provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your phone number, password, etc.) when purchasing an App, this information is provided to the Third Party Site in connection with your purchase and/or registration of the App. The Third Party Site does not share your information with SEGA. SEGA will not receive or retain any of the personally identifiable information you share with such Third Party Sites in connection with your use of the App. We do not access or store information that you have saved on your mobile device such as contacts and appointments. Although, at times our Apps may interact with some features on your mobile device, such as your calendar and e-mail applications, all processing occurs on the mobile device itself, and no information is transferred to SEGA.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Submitted Information: information that you provide by filling in forms on Our Sites, including the Device's telephone number. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by SEGA, and when you report a problem with any of Our Sites.
- Technical information: We may collect information about the Device or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of the App onto your Device, including, where available, the Device's or computer's unique Device identifiers, operating system, browser type, IP address and mobile network information as well as the Device's telephone number and usage.
- Location information: when you use one of our location-enabled Services, We may collect and process information about your actual location.
- Log information: when you use the Services or view content on Our Sites, We may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs.
- Additional information: if you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also keep details of transactions you carry out through any of Our Sites and/or details of your visits to any of Our Sites (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data). Finally, We may collect any other information that may be passively collected by a publisher of mobile applications.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to SEGA. For that reason, SEGA does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally identifiable information from users under 13 years of age. If SEGA learns that personally identifiable information of users under the age of 13 has been collected, SEGA will deactivate the account and/or make the status submissions inaccessible.
Where We store your personal data
Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use, or pass on to third parties, certain non-personally-identifiable, technical information (such as anonymous user usage data, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, cookies, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Apps and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analysing user preferences and trends.
We may share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, mobile device, etc.) with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, advertisements, promotions and/or functionality on Apps.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If SEGA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
· protect the rights, property or safety of SEGA, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use or process your data for marketing purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise that right at any time by contacting us at the below address.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information and Contact Details
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that We hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected at your request. You may also request that We remove any of your personal information from our database at any time. We charge £10 for requests for information to be processed and payment shall be received by cheque or postal order (please do not send coins or bank notes) at the same time you send your request.
SEGA Europe Limited
Customer Service Department
27 Great West Road